POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : BUG: failed to save file : Re: failed to save file Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:11:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: failed to save file
From: Apache
Date: 20 Jul 2004 12:56:33
Message: <40fd4ec1$1@news.povray.org>
A way to reproduce this thing:

1.
Take any scene that needs a long parse time so that you have the time to
abort it before the rendere kicks in.

2.
While pov-ray is parsing, abort it and change something in the source so
that you can save changes.
POV-Ray won't be liking that because the file is apparently still in use
and/or locked because it's apparently still parsing. Press Abort when
POV-Ray asks you what you want to do now so that you can edit the code again
if you like

3.
When parsing has really stopped and the RUN (alt-g) button is available
again, try to save once again. POV-Ray will refuse to save even now. I
simply copy-paste the code I want to save, close POV-Ray without storing
data. And I'll paste the code into a new instance of POV-Ray

Although I'm pretty sure you guys already know of this kind of behaviour, I
still hope I'm at least helping a bit with this!

Regards,
Eli Jehoel